The Water: Our Melbourne hot mineral spring water has filtered into the Dandenong Ranges aquifer over a period of many years. This water absorbs minerals from rocks and mineral deposits. Water is drawn from an underground spring on the property and is pumped to the surface from a depth of approximately 80 metres.
Complete Privacy: Your totally private bathing space is within a walled Japanese or tropical garden. You cannot be seen by anyone else. Swimwear is optional when bathing outdoors. Our Melbourne hot mineral springs are the only spa resort in Victoria offering this level of privacy.
Your private outdoor Melbourne mineral springs experience includes:
- Mineral water heated to a comfortable bathing temperature between 37-40 degrees.
- Giant umbrellas protecting the pool and pod from sun and rain
- Towels and water free of charge
- Shower, changing area, outdoor heating, soothing background music and relaxation pod
- Parking within 10 metres of bathing area
The following is a list of the composition of the mineral waters as tested by SGS Environmental Services April 2008 (All units are in milligrams per litre):
- PH Level 7.0
- Sodium 230 – Salt soaks have been known to relieve symptoms of arthritis.
- Chloride 620 – Musculoskeletal benefits.
- Calcium 210 – Vital for the growth and maintenance of bones.
- Magnesium 34 – Maintains normal heart rhythms; converts blood sugar to energy; maintains muscle tissue and hormone levels.
- Sulphate 24 – Rids the body of toxins; promotes the health of bone, hair, nails, fluids in joints, vertebral discs; Sulphur is an anti-inflammatory.
- Potassium 3.6 – Assists in the normalisation of heart rhythms; reducing high blood pressure; eliminating body toxins and promotes healthy skin.
- Iron 3.4 – Builds up the quality of blood; increases resistance to stress and disease. Prevents fatigue and promotes good skin tone.
Soaking in mineral waters should not be done at excessively high temperatures without medical clearance when any contraindicated condition exists. A tepid to warm bath (35° C – 37° C) is as safe as taking a bath at home. Bathing is not advised if you have any of the conditions listed below. Please see your medical practitioner if in doubt.
- Conditions involving high fevers
- Extreme Hypertension
- Malignant tumours and cancerous conditions (internal)
- Liver, kidney, or circulation disorders
- Conditions presenting the risk of haemorrhaging
- Anaemic Conditions
- Congestive heart failure, recent stroke, or recent heart attack
- Bathing under the influence of drugs or alcohol
As we are a small resort with limited mineral spring and day spa facilities we do not accept cancellations to bookings. If an emergency arises and you are unable to attend your booking please contact us as soon as possible and we will do our best to reschedule your booking. Confirmation of an appointment is acknowledgement of this cancellation policy.